Mar 3, 2008

EA Games Says No!

Now that I've made a decision to create Ripper as my first film (a machinima which takes a modern look at the Jack the Ripper legend, set to the awesome song of 'Horny As A Dandy' by Mousse T. vs The Dandy Warhols). However, since my usual machinima game engine, The Sims 2, was on the fritz, I decided to re-install all the games. Bad, bad; very, very, bad idea.
It was all going well until it came to install the first expansion.
Upon trying to install the game, it decides it doesn't want to read the second disk. Giving up on that, I deleted every Sims 2 file on the computer, including the regeristry and tried again. I even tried other expansions, but any that had two disks refused to read the second one.

Finally, after admitting defeat and heading to the internet, I instantly found a post explaining how to manuallly install the game. Twenty minutes later, University is running.

It was at this point that I discover that the next expansion has a physical defect on the disk and now I must find a replacement version to continue the installation chain.

1 comment:

Roger Stack said...

Would you like to install SIMS2 at HC as well - we have a copy?

Is there a copyright issue with the music?