Apr 15, 2008

Epic Re-write!

Guess what I just spend the last four hours doing?

If you said "Re-installing Windows XP," you're a bit too much of a good guesser. Yes, I finally decided to bite the bullet and do a complete re-write of everything on the computer. So far, everything looks shiny and new again, and the only stuff missing is my favorited websites (I overlooked that aspect of backing up, whoops), and some random program I never used.
I'm currently allowing XP and my firewall/virus scanner to update, and I've already re-installed several programs, but there is so much I still need to update (most stuff is pre-2003) but I'll slowly work my way through.

The reasons I did were; 1) Sims 2 was really NOT working and since EA Games is quite happy to ignore the screaming and kicking of many of their fans I decided to test their thoery that they couldn't EVER find a PC that crash as everyone elses was, and also because the computer randomly crashed each time I attempted to transfer some footage from the video camera to the computer.

So far, everything seems happy, but only time, and many programs later, will tell.

2 comments:

Roger Stack said...

Good luck - hope you are back up and running soon.

BTW if you had all your fav's in delicious you would not have lost them... having them localised to one PC is so pre-2003 :-)

party_over_here said...

hope you managed to fix the variouse problems with your computer -

mayber consider frequent back ups considernig the temprement of your computer