Apr 13, 2008

A Hidden Project!?



No way! I was actually doing things in the background!?

Well, yes! But not completely. I did mention in my first post that I'd written an overview of 'The Modselectors'; a DIY show based on the customisation of objects. What I didn't mention was that I was doing three practice objects first.

Painting
In order to practice painting I resprayed the handles of a pair of scissors black. This one is finished and the mentioned scissors now occupy my pencil case.

Upholstery (Pictured)
To practice my vinyl skills, I 'borrowed' a chair from the art room to restore/customise. So far, I have deconstructed the chair, reconstructed the chair with nuts and bolts rather than rivets, and upholstered one of the panels. The next few steps are to see if I can get the frame electroplated with chrome again and to upholster the seat. And respray the feet of the chair since they were really worn down and scrappy.

The final project is a desk that will be used on the actually Modselectors show. It's a combination of sanding and painting. Currently sitting at the 'restored' phase, it's now time to customise it.

No comments: